Our Purpose

Our purpose is to generate awareness, education, and support for holistic parenting and to provide a nurturing, open-minded and respectful community for parents to share these ideals. We serve to encourage moms (and dads) in their efforts to parent naturally and to raise their children holistically, to help holistic moms find others with whom they can connect and to continually educate ourselves and our families about alternative health, mindful parenting, natural healing and environmental stewardship.

Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Our trip to Arata Farms Pumpkin Patch in Half Moon Bay

We all had a great time at the Pumpkin Patch yesterday.  The first words out of T's mouth this morning were "I wish I could go to the pumpkin patch one more time."  With not much in the way of crowds, we had full run of the little park.  They really have some great spots for fall photo taking.  The colors are so crisp and vibrant.  After everyone worked up an appetite, we went up to the brewery at the marina for fish and chips.  Mmmmm. . . the calamari was fantastic.  My husband is not a fan of calamari, so I rarely get to order it when we go out.  I got to order it yesterday and didn't even have to share!  Actually, I did have to share because it was way too much for one person to consume in a sitting.  The kids loved having their own private room in the restaurant where they could play fort under the tables without too much opposition from their overstuffed parents.  I must say that both the farm owners and the restaurant manager were more than accommodating to our group.  They really went out of their way to ensure that we had great times in Half Moon Bay.  I really recommend both of these establishments and will certainly return next year.  Here are some photos of our wee members:


I've deleted the captions because I realized that I really shouldn't post the names of the kids online.




                                   HAYRIDE!





L is seriously considering whether she wants a hayride-induced labor.



And this wasn't taken at the farm, but some Liederhosen on this beautiful boy will brighten your day.


No comments:

Post a Comment